[referencer] Upcoming new Referencer release

Mads Chr. Olesen mads at mchro.dk
Tue Oct 30 22:56:52 EDT 2012

Hi all,

in the past few weeks I have been using Referencer extensively, so I
have in that process fixed a number of issues:
 * Ported completely to GIO (one minor regression outstanding)
 * Removed dependency on gnome-vfsmm and libgnomeuimm
 * Changed plugin metadata mechanism to have dynamic priorities to allow
plugins to signal "how well it is able to fetch metadata for this
document"
 * Imported ISI Web of Knowledge metadata plugin from Debian package,
updated this to new web service API
 * Added DBLP metadata plugin
 * Added Google books plugin from this mailing list
 * Fixed up some regressions in the GUI due to new GTK version

All my changes are in
https://code.launchpad.net/~referencer-devs/referencer/trunk

I have a few more changes I would like to get in.

I intend to do a new release of Referencer in a week or so. If you could
help test the current code in trunk that would be really great :-)

--
Mads Chr. Olesen <mads at mchro.dk>