[referencer] Referencer development?

Mads Chr. Olesen mads at mchro.dk
Thu Mar 10 05:46:15 EST 2011

ons, 09 03 2011 kl. 14:01 +0000, skrev Matej Urbas:
> Anyways, I think we haven't yet decided which versioning system to
> use, am I right?

No, we haven't.

I think an important part of choosing the VCS is also choosing the
hosting infrastructure. Launchpad/bzr gets my vote, in part because we
already have bugs there.

To get things moving, I have done the following:
 * Converted the current master to a bzr branch [2]
 * Converted our (me and Andreas') branch to a bzr branch [3]
 * Created a referencer-devs team on launchpad [4]
 * Verified that the branches work correctly as bzr branches, including
previous history

**
I am willing to merge any branches people might have, to the bzr branch,
such that we get a good trunk to start with. Please send me an e-mail
with your branch URLs.
**

I propose anyone who wants to be a member of the dev team also send me
an e-mail.

**
If there is a strong push for e.g. git, I urge someone to do set such
work in motion and make a similar proposal for merging existing
branches.
**

(On a side-note: the hg-git[1] plugin can be used to convert to the hg
repo. I have used the following conversion to get the bzr repos:
hg --hg-git-> git --bzr-branch-> bzr)

[1] http://hg-git.github.com/
[2] https://code.launchpad.net/~referencer-devs/referencer/trunk
[3]