[referencer] Importing from EndNote doesn't seem to work

David Elliott david.alexanderus at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 01:25:03 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I just installed Referencer 1.1.6 onto a netbook running Ubuntu 10.04,
and tried to move all my EndNote X2.0.1 references from a Windows XP
machine over to the netbook.

I copied both the *.enl file and the *.Data folder (containing the
pdfs) for my EndNote library over to the netbook, selected "Library ->
Import...", selected the *.enl file (the EndNote library), set
"Format" on the dialogue window to "EndNote", and clicked "Open".

Unfortunately nothing seems to happen. I've looked through the help
file, and it seems like it's designed to be straightforward. I've
hunted around for other options, and searched through the mailing list
and the bug list for phrases like "import EndNote", and not found any
alternate instructions.

Am I doing it wrong? Is there anything else I can try? Any help
appreciated. It would be a real help to get this library onto my
netbook.

- David