[referencer] Libglade to GtkBuilder and GnomeVfs to Gio ports

Matej Urbas matej.urbas at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 13:51:01 EST 2011

On pon, 2011-02-21 at 11:19 -0700, Simon Heath wrote:
> I humbly vote against sourceforge...  I find that SF's website and
> file hosting has gotten progressively more annoying as time has gone
> on, and think there's little it does that other sites don't do better.

That's true, I agree.

>  Matej's point on not discarding the Mercurial history is a pretty
> strong one, but I would not be surprised if a tool existed to migrate
> history to other version control systems.  Personally I like
> Mercurial, but git and bazaar seem functionally identical.

Yes, I've never done the migration (I did it only from subversion to
mercurial). It should be easier with mercurial to git though. A quick
search brought these links up:

hg-to-git: http://git.grml.org/?p=hg-to-git.git;a=summary

somebody's experience:
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/36601

Anyways, the argument for migrating is to attract new developers? Are
you sure this would be the case? Is it worth the trouble?

Also, you have to know that we'll have to coordinate the merges of our
individual patches first (before doing the migration). Otherwise it will
complicate matters a bit.

Best,
---
Matej