[referencer] A question about document types and document.get_field()

Mads Chr. Olesen mads at mchro.dk
Wed Dec 21 14:49:43 EST 2011

ons, 21 12 2011 kl. 14:40 -0500, skrev Christopher Belanger:
> I've made an (extremely simple!) modification to the source that
> causes
> doc.get_field to act as the documentation says it should, which in
> turn
> allows my plugin to run.  Is there a way for me to submit the patch
> generated by mercurial for consideration?  The change is trivial, but
> as
> a non-programmer, submitting a patch to an open-source project would
> be
> exciting.

If you mail me your modified file I will integrate it. We are moving
Referencer development onto launchpad [1], and we should really do a new
release soon...

> After looking more closely at PythonDocument.C, I see that there is no
> command available to the plugin to determine the document type.  This
> is too bad, because it would make citation formatting a snap.

I have an email somewhere, from someone else, who also had problems with
the type of documents from a plugin (setting the type IIRC), so maybe it
needs to be made easier to deal with.

[1] https://code.launchpad.net/referencer

--
Mads Chr. Olesen <mads at mchro.dk>