[referencer] ./data directory needed during startup

Dominik Kriegner dominik.kriegner at aol.at
Mon Aug 15 06:44:32 EDT 2011

hi

> man, 15 08 2011 kl. 11:27 +0200, skrev Dominik Kriegner:
> > $ bin/referencer
> > int main(int, char**):
> >         setting pythonPath
> > to :/home/dominik/apps/lib/python:./plugins:/home/dominik/.referencer/plugins:/home/dominik/devel/referencer/amrlima_gio_port/dist/lib/referencer:
> > terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Gio::Error'
> > Aborted
>
> I see the same behaviour, however if you use ./src/referencer it works
> for me

You are right it works with ./src/referencer but only When I execute it
from the root directory of the branch! If I do

cd src
./referencer

it fails with the same error again. I guess your case works only since
a data directory and the needed files exist in the root directory.
Since the files already exist there also subsequent startups work as
expected.

> > A subsequent start of referencer fails because of those 4 emtpy files.
> > Did I do something wrong or should I file a bug report on launchpad?
>
> Does installing as non-devconfigure work?
> ./configure
> make
> make install

fails for me too if executed outside the build directory where the data folder is located!
somehow the current directory is important when referencer is started!

kind regards

dominik