[referencer] ./data directory needed during startup

Dominik Kriegner dominik.kriegner at aol.at
Mon Aug 15 05:27:49 EDT 2011

Hello all,

I tried to build the latest commit from launchpad in António Lima's
development branch. However I have problems executing the resulting
referencer binary.

So what I did is

fetch the sources from launchpad
bzr branch lp:~referencer-devs/referencer/amrlima_gio_port

configure, build and install them
cd amrlima_gio_port/
./devconfigure
make
make install

the build works fine. when I try to run referencer this only works when
in the working directory a folder "data" exists. Otherwise I get

$ bin/referencer
int main(int, char**):
	setting pythonPath
to :/home/dominik/apps/lib/python:./plugins:/home/dominik/.referencer/plugins:/home/dominik/devel/referencer/amrlima_gio_port/dist/lib/referencer:
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Gio::Error'
Aborted

if I do
mkdir data
bin/referencer

then referencer starts up fine and creates 4 empty files in the data
directory:

crossref.ui  documentproperties.ui  preferences.ui  referencer.svg

A subsequent start of referencer fails because of those 4 emtpy files.
Did I do something wrong or should I file a bug report on launchpad?

kind regards,

Dominik