[referencer] Library Targets

António Lima amrlima at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 17:40:39 EDT 2011

Sex, 2011-04-01 às 22:33 +0200, Mads Chr. Olesen escreveu:
> fre, 01 04 2011 kl. 14:25 -0600, skrev Aaron Seilis:
> > As you're probably all aware, there is a new major release of
> > gtk*/GNOME set for next week. What versions of the libraries are we
> > targeting? I've been able to compile against GTK+ 2.x in the past, but
> > GTK 3.x is going to take some work. If people want to switch to the
> > newer libraries, we should probably target the dev releases (they are
> > in a RC2 stage at the moment, so they shouldn't change much) to avoid
> > duplicating effort.
>
> My opinion is we should try to get a release out with our gtkbuilder+gio
> porting work, and then target GTK3. But the porting work to GTK3 can
> probably start in a separate branch already, if someone is up for the
> work :-)

Yes, I agree. I don't think we have the man power to port to GTK3 and
make a release soon. There's quite a lot of work done since the last
release so a release would be nice.

As for the gio port, although most of it is done, I'm having some
trouble with the Library. The xmlReadIO function takes two callback
functions and I can't make them work with Gio::FileInputStrem... If
anyone has a clue on this, let me know :).

This week and next one are busy but I'll try to hack a bit during the
weekend.

Regards,
António Lima