[referencer] Linking cite key, author name, year and file name?

Matthias Brennwald mbrennwa at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 04:00:22 EDT 2010

Dear all

I am new to Referencer, so please be patient with me. I recently
switched from Mac OS X, where I used BibDesk for my references database.
Now, on Linux with Referencer I am trying to do things similarly as with
BibDesk. Right now, the most important things I'd like to do with
Referencer are:

1. Automatically generate cite keys from the name of the first author
and the publication year, e.g. Brennwald:2010. Or Brennwald:2010a and
Brennwald:2010b, etc.

2. I'd like to keep all my files all in one folder, and their file name
should correspond to the cite key. Do I have to do this manually, or can
Referencer do this for me?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

Matthias