[referencer] Fwd: Referencer Plugin: Configuration Dialog

John Spray jcspray at icculus.org
Tue Jun 22 09:54:45 EDT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Matej Urbas <matej.urbas at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 1:06 AM
Subject: Referencer Plugin: Configuration Dialog
To: jcspray at icculus.org

Hi!

Could I please ask you for advice on how to display a configuration
dialog for a python plugin in Referencer?

This is my current code (excerpt from file 'ReferencerNotes.py'), which
works as a standalone application but not if invoked from Referencer:

def referencer_config():
   dlg = ConfigDialog()
   dlg.mainWindow.run()

class ConfigDialog:
   def __init__(self):
       # Initialise the UI builder
       self.builder = gtk.Builder()
       self.builder.add_from_file(CONFIG_DIALOG_GLADE_FILE)
       self.builder.connect_signals(self)

       # Fetch all relevant widgets in the dialog
       self.mainWindow=self.builder.get_object("dlgConfig")
       self.fileChooser=self.builder.get_object("fcbNotesPath")

       # Initialise the currently configured directory...
       self.fileChooser.set_filename(NOTES_DIRECTORY)

   def config_ok_click(self, widget, data=None):
       set_notes_directory(self.fileChooser.get_filename())

Thank you very much for your help!

Cheers,
---
Matej