[referencer] hg version: gcc 4.4 compile error

Andreas Wagner Andreas.Wagner at em.uni-frankfurt.de
Tue May 26 09:27:26 EDT 2009

Hi all, hi John,

If I am right, then the current hg is not compiling with gcc 4.4. I get an error:

In file included from RefWindow.h:22,
                  from Linker.C:12:
Plugin.h:60: Fehler: »uint64_t« does not name a type

And a quick web search pointed me to here:
http://subversion.ffado.org/index.fcgi/ticket/224

where a similar problem seems to be caused by gcc cleaning up something in the new version 4.4 (They also
have a pair of patches for their own code there, maybe this is of some help, too). Also, the problem seems to
exist only since recently:

See a fuller referencer make-log where someone else reported the same problem here:

(And note that this is from May, and we have updated gcc at about that date (May 13th to be exact).)

I hope I am on the right track and you can do something about it.

Thanks for your help,
Andreas

--
Dr. des. Andreas Wagner
Goethe-Universitaet Frankfurt

Exzellenz-Cluster "The Formation of Normative Orders"
http://www.normativeorders.net/
Senckenberganlage 31, R. 517
60325 Frankfurt am Main

Institut fuer Philosophie