Default folder for files

Miguel Pagano miguel.pagano at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 19:19:32 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm starting to use Referencer and I was kindly surprised
that I can throw in Referencer a link and Referencer will
download the link for me and save it in "~/Downloaded Documents".
I think it would be nice to have a property of each library
to indicate where to download a file.

This can also be useful in other use case I have: I usually
put the papers I read in some folder (v.g., "~/papers/cs").
Then if I'd like to cite some which wasn't in the library,
I add the paper to the library (by adding the file). And always
Referencer launches the file chooser in ~, or worst in
some folder like / or /usr/share/...

I've added manually an attribute "docs_home" that
defines which is the folder where the files for this
library are. Does this make sense for other people?

Also, a more general question: how would be the best
form of defining attributes for a library? From what I've
seen, there is yet no attribute for the library. Is this because
you think there shouldn't be any attribute associated with
the library? Or is it just because you haven't  needed it yet?

Thanks for a nice program.
Best regards,
Miguel