[referencer] Re: Plugin for fetching data from Isi-WebOfScience

David Coeurjolly david.coeurjolly at liris.cnrs.fr
Tue Mar 18 05:42:11 EDT 2008

Dear MArio,

I'm really interested in your WOS plugin but I have some questions:

  - proxy setting: in my university, I have to use a proxy to access to
WOS. Good point: I can configure the proxy in referencer preferences ;).
However, could it be possible to have visual feed back ("connection
refused, ...") if the server response is:

<response>
<error code="Server.authentication">No matches returned for IP
Address</error>
</response>

  - When I'm fetching metadata, the returned XML code is something like

<response>
<sessionID>V1NGmMPC64GiDOB2a69</sessionID>
<searchResults>
<queryID>1</queryID>
<occurancesFound>45201</occurancesFound>
<recordsFound>44667</recordsFound>
<recordsSearched>33028999</recordsSearched>
</searchResults>
<recordIDs>
<key>000253340900047</key>
</recordIDs>
</response>

and as you can see, I obtain recordIDs but not the records themselves...
  Then, I get  an error (gtk error window):

Exception: <class 'xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError'>

Module: isiwos
Explication: no element found: line 1, column 0

any idea ?
dav

--
David Coeurjolly - Chargé de recherche CNRS