[referencer] Re: Plugin for fetching data from Isi-WebOfScience

Michael Banck mbanck at gmx.net
Sat Mar 8 06:05:16 EST 2008

Hi,

first off, a Web of Science plugin is wonderful!

On Sat, Mar 08, 2008 at 11:26:28AM +0100, Mario Castro wrote:
> Here I attach you my plugin (to be placed in $HOME/.referencer/plugins) for
> referencer version 1.1.1

The way you included it inline seems to have introduced some spurious
extra line wrappings.  It is probably better to attach it or put it up
somewhere on the web for people to grab it.

I tried to fix the line wrapping, but all I get when I select a
reference and click on the plugin icon is this on the console:

Waiting...
openCB: result not OK

(referencer:16260): libgnomevfsmm-WARNING **: gnome-vfsmm
Async::Handle::cancel(): This method currently leaks memory.
waitForFlag completed due to transferfail
referencer_download: got 0 characters
PythonPlugin::doAction: NULL return value

And a popup saying

"Exception: xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError

Module: web-of-science
Explanation: no element found: line 1, column 0"

>     url='
> http://estipub.isiknowledge.com/esti/cgi?databaseID=WOS&SID=Q1mNFhCECOk6c8aELLh&rspType=xml&method=searchRetrieve&firstRec=1&numRecs=1&query=TI'+ti+'&PY'+ye+'&AU'+au

I wonder, the above URL looks like a session id, can this work for
anybody else than you?

Michael