[referencer] referencer 1.1-pre

A.Wagner at stud.uni-frankfurt.de A.Wagner at stud.uni-frankfurt.de
Sun Mar 2 06:20:08 EST 2008

Hello John, hello list,

* A.Wagner at stud.uni-frankfurt.de wrote on Jan/17/2008:
>>> I have had a somewhat closer look at the file and it seemed to start with a couple of very weird
>>> characters (to be seen in hex mode). I don't know if that was something like the unicode BOF/BOM mark.
>>> Anyway, I have deleted it and then converted the file with iconv -f UTF8 -t LATIN1 to get a latin-1
>>> encoded BibTex file (albeit still with non-ascii characters). I've tried both the -c and the -cs
>>> parameters to that command but even on the most sanitized version of the file the new referencer would
>>> crash.
>>
>> Thanks for sending the reproducer, but I still can't get the crash here.
>> What's your LANG environment variable?
>
> [wagner at apollo ~]$ echo $LANG
> de_DE.utf8
>
> (LC_COLLATE=C if that is of any relevance)

just wanted to inform you that the crash still happens with 1.1.1, but now I get an error message:
(referencer:10214): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_list_store_set_sort_column_id: assertion `list_store->default_sort_func != NULL' failed
Speicherzugriffsfehler

Maybe it is of some help,
Cheers,
Andreas

--
Linux: Because rebooting is for adding new hardware.

--
My Public PGP Keys:
1024 Bit DH/DSS: 0x869F81BA