[referencer] Translations licence change in launchpad

Joachim Sauer saua at gmx.net
Mon Jul 14 10:41:13 EDT 2008

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 05:01:12PM +0100, Michele Mattioni wrote:
> This is specially directed to the translators...

Hy,

I've contributed a few strings to the german translations, so I'll add
my 2 Euro cent:

> I'm wondering what do you think about this:
> https://help.launchpad.net/Translations/LicensingFAQ
>
> short story: the license of all the translation, no matter the
> software, shoul change from whatever to BSD.
> What do you think about it?

Personally I don't have a problem with releasing my translation strings
under the BSD license.

I find it a little bit strange to make this kind of re-licensing an
opt-out only action (instead of making it opt-in), because generally it
is a rather sensible topic.

So, while I find the approach they take a little bit strange, I don't
have a problem with the goal and the content of the change.

regards
Joachim Sauer