Fwd: Re: [referencer] referencer 1.1-pre

jcspray at icculus.org jcspray at icculus.org
Tue Jan 15 10:17:09 EST 2008

Ach, my webmail doesn't respect reply-to...

----- Forwarded message from jcspray at icculus.org -----
     Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 09:55:23 -0500
     From: jcspray at icculus.org
  Subject: Re: [referencer] referencer 1.1-pre
       To: Andreas Wagner <A.Wagner at stud.uni-frankfurt.de>

Quoting Andreas Wagner <A.Wagner at stud.uni-frankfurt.de>:

> Hello John, hello list,
>
> * John Spray wrote on Jan/13/2008:
>
>> All,
>>
>> I would appreciate if any interested parties could test this
>> tarball, reporting any build problems, crashes or regressions.
>
> builds and lauches fine here.
>
> But it crashes (after a busy second or so) when I try to import my
> BibTex file (attached).

Your bibtex file appears to be UTF-8 encoded.  For me it doesn't
crash, but non-ascii characters get mangled.  The bibtex import code
does currently assume that bibtex files are latin-1 encoded.

> (I have one more nit, it's not even worth filing a bug: in the german
> translation, the menu item should read "BibTex Datei verwalten" (with
> one 'l' instead of two) (it is probably something like "manage BibTex
> file" in english).)

You should be able to fix this on http://www.launchpad.net/referencer/
if it bugs you.

John