[referencer] lyx plugin

Aurélien Naldi aurelien.naldi at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 16:33:04 EST 2008

Le samedi 05 janvier 2008 à 21:26 +0000, John Spray a écrit :
> On Sat, 2008-01-05 at 20:05 +0100, Aurélien Naldi wrote:
> > Then you should probably set lyx up, I guess it doesn't do anything when
> > it is not configured... The config option is in the "directories"
> > section (not sure of the english name).
>
> It would be vastly preferable to be able to be able to do this without
> the user having to alter their lyx configuration.  Could you perhaps ask
> on lyx-devel about this?
>
> To clarify, if I start lyx 1.5.1 with no .lyx directory, it runs through
> its configuration script, and by default creates no pipes.  Seems rather
> perverse behaviour to me, but this is lyx so I wouldn't be too
> surprised...

I'm not going to start a flamewar about this :D
I could ask if they are willing to create the pipe by default, but this
would probably take ages. In the meantime, as long as we document that
this does not work unless lyx is configured I find it reasonable. I
would much prefer lyx adding dbus support or similar, but let's not
dream ;)
At least this way it needs to be configured only in lyx, that already
better than what I used before!

> > Can you add your version of the lyx plugin to svn, so that I get the
> > fully working version ?
>
> Done, sorry.

Thanks. And while I am at it, could you please remove the "print l" line
printing my whole lyx config file on the console ? It is not a big deal
but still bad looking.

--
Aurélien Naldi <aurelien.naldi at gmail.com>