lyx plugin

Aurélien Naldi aurelien.naldi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 06:56:46 EST 2008

Here is a lyx plugin to quote selected documents.

features:
* reads the path to the lyxpipe in lyx config file. This can be
overriden in the script, waiting for a configuration mechanism for
plugins
* write a "cite" command to the lyx pipe
* requires a yet unfinished patch to referencer, so that it can add a
button to the toolbar and know which documents are selected.

quick comments:
* It doesn't strip UTF-8 characters as my installation of lyx (1.5)
deals properly with them. I would encourage anyone still using an older
version of lyx to upgrade. I have not tested it with kile yet.
* for now it always pushes some dumb test citation for testing, waiting
for the real list of selected documents
* it is lacking in error reporting (only appear on console). Is it OK to
put a dialog using pygtk directly from the plugin ?I would much prefer
something less intrusive (i.e. error bar ala firefox/gedit) but this
requires more work in the core.
* afterwards I have read about a lyxclient in python, maybe we should
reuse it ? http://wiki.lyx.org/Tools/PyClient

Attached is only the python plugin, the unfinished patch (with a stub of
the plugin) can be found in the medline thread.

I'll be waiting a bit more before going on with the main patch, waiting
for your comments.

Regards.

--
Aurélien Naldi <aurelien.naldi at gmail.com>