[referencer] Preliminary medline support (first python plugin)

John Spray jcspray at icculus.org
Wed Jan 2 16:39:16 EST 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-02 at 14:44 +0100, Aurélien Naldi wrote:
> I am having a first look at the code right now, but it looks like plugin
> are metadata tools only for now, right ?

Yes.  Metadata fetchers came first because they had the best ratio
between usefulness and compactness of interface.  Okay, that's a lie.
Metadata fetchers came first because I swore I would never do XML
manipulation in C++ again.

If anyone wants to do some work to extend what can be done with python,
I would suggest that designing python interfaces for the Document and
DocumentView classes would be most useful.  Also, figuring out how to
let python plugins do UI stuff with PyGtk would be valuable -- this is
what gedit does, I believe.

John