[referencer] Preliminary medline support (first python plugin)

Aurélien Naldi aurelien.naldi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 17:03:12 EST 2008

Le mercredi 02 janvier 2008 à 21:28 +0000, John Spray a écrit :
> On Tue, 2008-01-01 at 14:16 +0000, John Spray wrote:
> > On Tue, 2008-01-01 at 14:07 +0100, Aurélien Naldi wrote:
> >
> > > I still have some problems getting some metadata. It may be just that my
> > > home network access is flacky right now, but it works for other papers
> > > and fails reliably for some others... Can you check if you get metadata
> > > properly from pubmed for these doi ?
> > >
> > > 10.1016/S0022-5193(03)00201-7      this one is not found manually
> > > 10.1093/bioinformatics/bti1130     this one is on pubmed
> > > 10.1016/j.biosystems.2005.10.002   this one is found but not filled
> > > (authors and title are).
> >
> > The first one is on pubmed but isn't coming up as a search result for
> > its DOI, because pubmed don't have its DOI in their database.  The third
> > one is on pubmed but doesn't have all the information.  Neither of those
> > I can do much about.
> >
> > The second one is interesting, I will look into it.
>
> Fixed it now.

it works fine, thanks.

I have been playing with extending the plugin system to allow plugins to
add actions. It is nowhere near finished nor clean as I have been
learning C++ in the meanwhile, but here is a short patch, to avoid
duplicate work, start discussion and to force me to finish it later!

Remaining work:
* actually call some python code in PythonPlugin.C
* give it the list of selected documents, so that it can do something.
* write 5 more lines of python to push a lyx citation
* API to set text/icon for the action
* API to be able to define several actions from a single plugin, and to
add toolbar, menu or context menu items ?

Is it going in the right direction for you ?

--
Aurélien Naldi <aurelien.naldi at gmail.com>