[referencer] [Fwd: Referencer and CrossRef]

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Wed Feb 13 18:40:38 EST 2008

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 04:53:13PM +0100, John Spray wrote:

> Gavin has some advice that some may find helpful:

> From: Gavin Simpson <gavin.simpson at ucl.ac.uk>
>
> http://www.crossref.org/openurl/?pid=ourl_myUserName:myPassWord&id=doi:<!DOI!>&noredirect=true
>
> So all I added was the pid= bit. When you register a username, you need
> to add 'ourl_' to it in the URL you enter in the dialog. Next comes a
> colon ':' then your password.

Hrm, I've just got bitten by this, I just entered "mbanck" as username
in the referencer preferences, and got an Authentication Error on
stderr. Changing it to "ourl_mbanck" made CrossRef lookups work fine.

Would it be possible to catch this in references, i.e., prepend the
username automatically with "ourl_" if it does not have that already?

Otherwise, I just uploaded referencer-1.1.0 to Debian unstable, and I
really like it a lot!

Michael