[referencer] GUI behaviour changed?

John Spray jcspray at icculus.org
Sun Apr 20 18:42:43 EDT 2008

Hi Volker,

> Now, clicking on any item in the list view lets me change the specific
> entry (key, title, ...). Clicking on the Key entry, adds an extra field
> "key" with the respective name, but the key itself is not changed.

That was bug 208184: https://bugs.launchpad.net/referencer/+bug/208184

The original reporter did not seem to care enough to follow up so I let
it slip.  I've looked again and fixed it now.  Unfortunately it missed
1.1.2 by about 24 hours.

> Also, I really liked the old behaviour of double clicking to open
> linked files.

Well, it's either-or.  When double clicking opened files, I had people
asking for editable fields.  I think this way is a better compromise,
since the right-click menu still provides a fairly handy route for
opening files.

> Also, is there a way to sort entries in list view alphabetically by key
> or something similar?

This got broken in 1.1.1, it's fixed in 1.1.2: you can click the title
of a column as you would expect.

You might be able to guess that personally I use the icon view.  The
list view was added because it wasn't very much extra work but I'm
starting to think it might be more trouble than it's worth.

Cheers,
John