[referencer] Error whilst adding new documents to library

John Spray jcspray at icculus.org
Fri Sep 21 12:55:36 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-21 at 18:04 +0200, Joe Simon wrote:
> I'm using the referencer for some time now, but recently a problem
> ocurred to which a cannot find any solution. Whenever I want to add a
> new document to my library I get the error message "Error in row 1,
> chracter 1: Document has to start with an element ( e.g.<book>)".

This is symptomatic of recent changes to crossref.org which have removed
anonymous access to metadata.  You can either silence this by enabling
"Work Offline", or create a crossref account and do something like this:
http://icculus.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm/ezmlm-cgi?60:mss:187:200709:kpejodfppmdjefgiknmp

John