[referencer] SPIRES interface and tag-suggestion

Frederik Elwert frederik.elwert at web.de
Tue Oct 30 07:20:35 EDT 2007

Hi!

Am Dienstag, den 30.10.2007, 11:08 +0200 schrieb sebastian guttenberg:
> - My second comment is about the tags. I hoped that marking two tags at
> the same time would lead to an intesection of the results for each
> single tag. Instead it leads to the sum, which I find very unfortunate.
> Let me explain why I think that the first would be much more useful.
> Suppose I am interested in finding an article which has either the tag
> "important" or "interesting", but I cannot really remember. In this
> case, I can use the tool as it is at the moment and mark both tags. But
> that does not really help, because I have to look through all of
> "important" and all of "interesting" anyway, because both are now
> displayed.
> In the case, however, where I know that an article was interesting AND
> important at the same time, an intersection method would help a lot to
> find the article.

I totally agree. I think it's very convenient to sharpen the selection
by selecting more tags: When one tag has too many articles, I want to
select another tag and only get those articles that have both.

For the far future, I'd love to have some sort of ad-hoc hierarchy in
this way: When I select one tag, I'd like to see all tags that appear in
conjunction with the current one, i.e., only those that would have a
result when used in intersection with the current one.

Cheers,
Frederik