[referencer] 3 questions

sebastian guttenberg guttenb at inp.demokritos.gr
Mon Oct 29 16:58:57 EDT 2007

Hi John
Thanks a lot for the quick response!

> If you send me the bibtex file in question (or even better file it as a
> bug) I can take a look.

I intend to do so (filing it as a bug), but I am still waiting for the registration email...
That's why I also attached it to this Email

> If you send me the pdf file in question (or even better file it as a
> bug) I can take a look.

Same for this. I attached the pdf-file, but I will try to file it as a bug as well, as soon as I am registered.

> I'm not sure what interfaces SPIRES provides for applications.  Do you
> know?  In the future, I'd like to have a general plugin system to
> support various backends.  At present, only crossref OpenURL and
> arxiv.org bibtex are there.

Sorry, I don't know neither.
What do you mean by arxiv.org bibtex? I didn't know that arxiv provides bibtex entries. For the article that I mentioned (the one of the pdf-file),
arxiv only links to SPIRES or CiteBase for citations and references. (see http://www.arxiv.org/abs/hep-th/0112160v1 )

> The list view is somewhat rough around the edges.  I wrote "ListView
> users are people too" in the TODO so nobody can accuse me of not caring.

;-) Isn't the List View the main power of referencer?? (apart from the
tags and many other things of course...)

> Referencer uses whichever application is associated with pdfs in the
> gnome environment.  You can change that in gnome by right clicking on a
> pdf file and opening properties->open with, I don't know about other
> desktop environments.  Actually I must admit this bugs me too, since
> sometimes I want to open something with acrobat instead of evince.  I am
> pining for an "Open with..." option.

Ah, thanks for the hint!!! I thought that I did not have evince as pdf-standard, but I did of course...
Open with would really be nice for the future!

Ok, so far and thanks a lot for taking your time!
Sebastian