[referencer] Look up button & DOI metadata fetcher

John Spray jcspray at icculus.org
Tue Oct 23 03:45:25 EDT 2007

Salut David,

On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 09:20 +0200, David Coeurjolly wrote:
> Hi John & referencers,
>
> I've troubles with the DOI look up button: the button is always
> disabled. Bug #133074 seems to report the problem but the patch does not
> work (probably because I applied it to SVN rev551 instead of 542).

Sounds like you've got "Work offline" checked in the Library menu.

> By the way, I'd like to use the DOI metadata fetcher with a crossref
> account (see workaround in bug #138024) but neither the button
> (disabled), nor the "Add Ref with DOI" command fetch the data: if I
> enter a ref with DOI, I obtain the following Warning:
>
> Warning: DocumentList::getDoc: couldn't find doc with name 'Unnamed'

That's an unrelated warning which I should really silence: it is making
the slightly dumb statement that the document it's trying to create
doesn't already exist :-)

> And the 'Unnamed' entry hasn't got any metadata....

Would also be explained by work offline being enabled.

Referencer could really use some work... I've been fixing it up "next
weekend" for a couple of months now!

John