[referencer] List view issues (was Referencer 1.0.4-pre)

Frederik Elwert frederik.elwert at web.de
Thu May 31 13:25:44 EDT 2007

Am Donnerstag, den 31.05.2007, 10:52 -0600 schrieb Rick L Vinyard Jr:
> Just a few personal wishlist items; and before I list them... I'll
> help
> write them if you want.
>
>   * Hierarchical tags... i.e. tags organized by trees.

Right, I proposed something related. But I'd prefer ad-hoc trees based
on the occurrence of related Tags over fixed hierarchies. What do you
think about this?

>   * BibTeX fields that change based on the type in the document
> properties dialog
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bibtex seems to have a pretty good list
> of
> what is required and what is optional for each type.

Oh, this would be so cool! Then referencer would turn into a more
general purpose bibliography tool and not just an article manager. Now,
I still use pybliographer for my BibTeX files and have a second database
for my PDF articles in referencer. Using only one tool would be really
nice.

>   * Per document notes... i.e. a mechanism for associating notes with a
> particular item.

Besides the external-app-solution, referencer could have it's own way of
managing notes - there is a corresponding BibTeX-field, so it would make
sense in a way.

I love to see how actively referencer's future is shaped...

Cheers,
Frederik