[referencer] List view issues (was Referencer 1.0.4-pre)

John Spray jcspray at icculus.org
Thu May 31 03:26:42 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-30 at 21:09 -0600, Rick L Vinyard Jr wrote:
> But, a few items I noted:
>   - In list view the Title column can't be shrunk... only expanded

Yup, the list view needs some love, it's on my mental TODO list for the
next release.

>   - It would be nice if the list view was in a Gtk::ScrolledWindow

It is, but it's set to only shown the vertical scrollbar when necessary,
and never to show the horizontal one.  If I let it show the horizontal
one it tends to always show it, and the width is determined by the
longest title+author.

On the TODO for 1.0.5 are:
 - Sort out the column sizing
 - Make the fields editable without opening document properties
 - (Maybe) Look into adding/removing columns
 - Save the sorting state between sessions

Anyone have anything to add?

>   - It would also be nice if there were icons on the toolbar to switch
> between the icon view and list view

I thought about doing that, but guessed that people generally use one or
the other rather than switching often.  Anyone else found themselves
wishing for this?

John