[referencer] Translation and Keywords-to-Tags conversion

Frederik Elwert frederik.elwert at web.de
Sun May 27 07:26:03 EDT 2007

Am Samstag, den 26.05.2007, 22:54 +0100 schrieb John Spray:
> > The keywords are space-separated. My former bibliography tool added
> > keywords like that, but I had preferred comma-separated keywords...
>
> Which tool was that?  Space-separation is very troublesome, because it
> fails completely when tags have spaces in their names, which is
> currently permitted in referencer.

It was Bibliographix, I think it's primarily used in Germany. I totally
agree that space separated keywords are crap and referencer shouldn't
care about that too much. If it is anyhow intended to have some sort of
BibTeX-Keywords-to-Tags conversion, this could also be one-way. Maybe
have an option to tell whether the BibTeX-Keywords are space- or
comma-separated and then split them into Tags. If export of tags as
Keywords is needed, I think comma-separated should be enough - unless
anybody finds a spec for BibTeX-Keywords saying anything contrary.

The python script I wrote uses space-separation, but this could very
easily be changed. The script was a quick-and-dirty attempt to deal with
what I had, not to deal with any possible constellations.

Cheers,
Frederik