[referencer] Translations problems

John Spray jcspray at icculus.org
Tue May 22 14:54:46 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-21 at 12:44 +0200, Joachim Sauer wrote:
> Hy,
>
> I've recently started translating referencer to german (via
> launchpad.net), because I'm using it and it's really usefull for me.

Thanks for getting involved.

> But I've hit a minor problem. Some strings can't really be translated
> properly, due to the way they are used in the source code. The problem
> is that the word order is different in english and german. A good
> example is the String "Contacting crossref.org to retrieve metadata
> for". It is used by appending the DOI that should be retrieved.

Yes, that's my mistake.  I've corrected that and a couple of others in
the way you suggest.  No doubt there are other problems hidden
elsewhere.

I've uploaded an updated translation template to launchpad, although
past experience indicates that it may take a few hours to become
available.

Apologies to the other translators for changing some already-translated
strings.  Please do continue to let me know about anything in the code
that's causing you problems.

Regards,
John