[referencer] Compose, dialogue logic and translatable strings

Kai Willadsen kai.willadsen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 21:49:24 EDT 2007

On 3/15/07, John Spray <jcspray at icculus.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 07:55 +1000, Kai Willadsen wrote:
> > It *doesn't* fix other things:
> > * I haven't ucompose-d or marked anything not in TagWindow.C. I know
> > that Transfer.C, Library.C and DocumentProperties.C contain 1 or 2
> > translatable strings each, but nothing big.
>
> Indeed.

The attached patch fixes all of the remaining simple cases that I could find.

There is still a fair bit of hard-coding style stuff in one place. How
would you feel about doing a GtkMessageDialog-style API for things
like ExceptionDialog and getRemoteFile. For example, getRemoteFile
could take title, primary and secondary text and do the markup itself.
(I'm not necessarily volunteering to do this, just thinking aloud.)

> In general I'd prefer if logic changes such as those for the dialogs
> were in isolated patches, but I'm not picky enough to send it back.

Yeah, sorry about that. I realised the compose problem when reworking
the dialogue logic, thus the confusion.

Kai