[Fwd: Re: [referencer] Italian translation]

John Spray jcspray at icculus.org
Mon Mar 12 19:29:45 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-12 at 13:39 -0700, Eric Lesh wrote:
> I can't even get the stock items to show up in Italian (do you just set
> LANG=it_IT.UTF-8?).  But it seems like the following patch should work.
> Please give it a try.

Thanks Eric, that works for me.  I've committed it to SVN.

To get things coming up in italian, I set LANG and LANGUAGE both to
it_IT.UTF-8, having already installed support for that locale
system-wide.  On Ubuntu it's as simple as
System->Administration->Language support, no idea how it's done on other
distros.

So, once we have Kai's patch for using String::ucompose (hint, hint),
we'll be all set for full translations.

John