[referencer] problems when importing bibtex entries

Brice Goglin Brice.Goglin at ens-lyon.org
Tue Mar 6 15:38:31 EST 2007

Brice Goglin wrote:
> To bring more confusion, there are some entries where the quote is
> accepted in booktitle. For instance:
>
> @inproceedings{ schmuck02gpfs,
>   author = "Frank Schmuck and Roger Haskin",
>   title = "{GPFS}: {A} {S}hared-{D}isk {F}ile {S}ystem for {L}arge
> {C}omputing {C}lusters",
>   booktitle = "Proceedings of the Conference on File and Storage
> Technologies (FAST'02)",
>   publisher = "USENIX, Berkeley, CA",
>   pages = "231--244",
>   year = "2002",
>   month = JAN,
>   address = "Monterey, CA",
> }

And last thing for now:

When exporting the database as a bibtex file, most quotes are refused,
including the one above, giving the following error:

escapeBibtexAccents '
(Referencer:6870): glibmm-CRITICAL **:
unhandled exception (type Glib::Error) in signal handler:
domain: g_convert_error
code  : 1
what  : Invalid byte sequence in conversion input

By the way, I also got an error when exporting an entry whose title
field contained some latex code ($\null^2$). This entry works fine in
bibtex.

Brice