[referencer] Hello

John Spray jcspray at icculus.org
Mon Mar 5 11:58:59 EST 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-05 at 13:46 -0300, Leonardo Fontenelle wrote:
> I'm a GNOME translator and, as a user, I'm very interested in testing
> Referencer. I'm stuck trying to install it in my Gentoo system (and
> from SVN), so I'd love help with the ebuild bug [1]. While it's a
> downstream issue, it could be at least partially fixed with more
> detailed dependencies instructions in the README.

Well, since it's failing at link time and not compile time you've
clearly got the right headers installed.  So I don't know why it's not
finding the boost library: on my ubuntu system it links with
"-lboost_regex", which resolves to
"/usr/lib/libboost_regex-gcc-mt-1_33_1.so.1.33.1"

Perhaps the regex part is not built on the gentoo system?  The configure
script doesn't actually fail out as it should in the absence of the
boost regex library, there was a patch for this on the mailing list a
few days ago.

Hopefully it's just a case of making boost build with regex support.

> BTW, why isn't autogen.sh executable?

Because it wasn't when I originally checked it into svn, and now when I
do "chmod +x ./autogen.sh" svn doesn't pick that up as a change.  Anyone
who knows more about svn than me can hopefully tell me how to make svn
pick up on the change.

John