[referencer] problems on Ubuntu Gutsy

John Spray jcspray at icculus.org
Fri Jul 6 04:49:21 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-06 at 00:20 +0100, John Spray wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-07-06 at 00:59 +0200, Denis Pitzalis - Home wrote:
> > Hi guys, nice application but looks like there are some problems with
> > the alpha version of Ubuntu (7.10).
> > I've installed referencer from the standard repository an, when I
> > launch it from command line I get:
>
> I've got in touch with an ubuntu person to see if they have any ideas
> what's going on here, will post when more information is forthcoming.

I've had a helpful response.  It turns out that there was a problem
that's been fixed in more recent version of glib, but referencer wasn't
getting rebuilt against the fixed glib because it was breaking due to
changes in poppler.  That's happening because the ubuntu package is the
old 1.0.2 version which abused poppler a bit, which was fixed in 1.0.3.

So this gets fixed when the ubuntu package syncs with the latest
referencer release.

Cheers,
John