Preliminary medline support (first python plugin)

John Spray jcspray at icculus.org
Wed Dec 19 19:21:50 EST 2007

Hi there,

Since a few people have previously expressed an interest in getting
involved with supporting more metadata scraping, I thought I'd mention
what I'm working on.  There is now code in subversion which fetches
metadata from documents on medline via python.  Referencer is written in
C++, which means that this involved a sorta-kinda python plugin
framework.  Existing crossref and arxiv code will be somehow munged into
this framework so that things get into a nice extensible state.

Any interested developers should check out src/PluginManager.[Ch] to see
where I've got to so far.

John