[referencer] APA style

John Spray jcspray at icculus.org
Tue Aug 21 17:05:32 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 21:57 -0500, Michael Miesner wrote:
> 1. Any advice on how to easily export to APA

Do you mean an APA formatted bibliography ready for inclusion in a word
processed document?  Unfortunately Referencer doesn't quite go that far:
it outputs bibtex files which are typically used in a LaTeX document.
Using BibTeX files with word processors is possible in some situations:

http://www.ee.ic.ac.uk/hp/staff/dmb/perl/bibtex4word.doc
http://www.math.umd.edu/~dcarrera/openoffice/misc/bibtex/filter.html

Those are just two links coming from a quick google.

> 2. Scholarly articles that I have saved in .odf or .doc formats-- how
> do I manually get them to display the correct metadata?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean: in general opening the properties
for a document allows you to manually input metadata.  As for reading
the metadata out of the .odf files, that's something that referencer
currently doesn't do.

Kind Regards,
John