More Thoughts on Referencer

Carlos Moffat carlos.lst at eldiabloenlosdetalles.net
Sun Apr 29 17:22:18 EDT 2007

Hi,

I've been trying referencer (1.0.2 is now available in Debian/Sid). It's
really great. I have a few comments/feature requests. I should clarify
I'm mostly interested in using referencer to export to a bibtex file for
use into LaTeX:

1) Although DOI lookup is really great, many papers are not available
that way. These days I'm using google scholar and its 'Import into
BibTex' feature to copy and paste into pybliographer. Problem is,
referencer doesn't seem to have a way to copy 'native' bibtex code into
the database. This would be greatly appreciated. Of course, a direct
query and import using Google Scholar would be just fantastic.

2) Although I like the icon view, is not very useful as it only displays
the key. Any way extra info could be displayed, maybe when hovering with
the mouse over the file, clicking on it,  or something?

3) I haven't checked very carefully, but some of the DOI lookups give
the wrong results. For example 10.1002/joc.798 gives the right
title/journal/year but only lists one author (it has three).

Cheers,
Carlos