toggleconsole everywhere

Dominic Fandrey kamikaze at bsdforen.de
Thu Feb 28 09:07:21 EST 2008

I can only use the toggleconsole key within a game and I have to manually
enter \toggleconsole to leave the console. This is kinda awkward, because I'm
used to use the console to switch matches, connect to games adjust the
graphics settings and so on. Many of these things are better done before
joining a game.

I suppose bound keys are only being listened to during a match. This is
completely logical, except for the toggleconsole key. My preferred solution
would be a new bind command. Something like bindstrong for bindings that are
always listened to. This way I could run all my useful little scripts without
first joining a game, put my favourite servers on keys and so on.