[quake3] Re: Full screenshot from POV?

Tigger tigger at lvlworld.com
Fri Apr 25 09:15:13 EDT 2008

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 23:08:39 +1000
Tigger <tigger at lvlworld.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 12:58:36 +0100
> Tim Angus <tim at ngus.net> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 20:54:56 +1000 Tigger wrote:
> > > Is it at all possible to get a 'full' screen shot. By this I mean
> > > something like an environment map cube shot from the current
> > > player position (4 shots that line up horizontally plus one above
> > > and one below).
> >
> > I wrote a silly little mod that does just this many many years ago:
> >
> > http://tremulous.net/junk/skyboxmod.zip
> >
> > I think it should still be API compatible with 1.32. If not let me
> > know and I'll bung the source up somewhere.
> >

> OMG! Its perfect! Output is in 512x512 as well :]
>
> Do you know if 1024x1024 output is possible? 512x512 is what I was
> hoping for, just wondering really.
>
> Thank you very much!!

Update :]
While it is very much what I was looking for, if you ever worked on
this again, may I suggest some kind of way to 'freeze' the animations
like weapons, skybox shaders, flames, etc... or take all 6 shots at
once.

It is great the way it is now, but animations cause a minor alignment
issue (which I can more than live with :]).

Again, thanks!

-Tig