iPhone

Mike Davis only_mortal at mac.com
Mon Apr 21 17:56:28 EDT 2008

Just a quick question, as I don't tend to follow the threads in this
mailing list too frequently, but has anyone looked at getting q3 to
compile on Xcode with the iPhone sdk?

I write this as I downloaded the sdk the other day *and* I'm a
professional mac programmer doing objective-c and C++. Infact, you
have likely run my code if you use an adobe, macromedia, tomtom or IBM
(viavoice) application.

Credentials aside, I'm going to be doing some iphone development and I
was thinking of getting q3 up and the old q3 browser I wrote some
years ago, called only mortal, as tools to familiarise myself with the
iPhone.

Of course I'd much rather use the apple toolchain in preference to the
unofficial one though I know from compiling q3 on the apple intel
reference machine I had that make is used. This might mean that it's
easier with the unofficial toolchain though I doubt it would make much
difference.

I was also thinking I'd be prepared to supply an "official" binary via
the iTunes store (for free) as I will get the $99 subscription anyway
for my commercial ventures.

Some thoughts would be appreciated.

Mike

---