[quake3] Supported protocols

monk at rq3.com monk at rq3.com
Mon Apr 21 14:33:15 EDT 2008

> Quake 3 doesn't use a database which makes it that much easier to support
> other protocals. Just because it may not be easy does not mean it can't be
> done. I myself I played on older q3 servers with different protocals and I
> never had a problem. I know nothing about the mod that was mentioned but
> figured it takes 5 minutes or less to recompile ioQuake3 to see if he
> could
> connect to the mod. Again, I've said before that what I wrote was just a
> suggestion.

Why not do a proof of concept patch?  Even if it were only offered as an
optional patch on the ioq3 site, perhaps the large(?) community of 1.16n
players would get great use out of it.

Though I'm not sure that they'd care?  Even if ioq3 worked with 1.16n, it
wouldn't have PunkBuster support, which was a deal-breaker for the guy who
mentioned it.  Or was he saying that it'd need PB if they finished porting
the mod to 1.32?  You'd think that any servers that cater to 1.16n players
wouldn't mind running 1.32 servers with PB disabled anyway...

Monk.