[quake3] Supported protocols

Mariusz Przybylski pay7n at o2.pl
Sun Apr 20 04:14:50 EDT 2008

  As Chris wrote, I just want to play on older protocol via ioq3. You
may call it backward compatibility. In my opinion - because ioq3 doesn't
offer any *point releases* or that kind of thing - it should be done to
maintain real usability and to realize one of ioq3's main goals:

"to have the perfect version of the engine for playing Quake 3: Arena,
Team Arena, and all popular mods."

   Let's be honest, with only 1.32 protocol supported and no PB you may
play with your brother on your LAN at most.. No one's willing to disable
punkbuster on the server just for you.. ;)