[quake3] Supported protocols

Christopher Bunting cbunting99 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 14:24:55 EDT 2008

Hello,

You are correct. But as the original poster mentioned, he has 1.32 and
wanted to connect to a 1.17 server to play the mod. So it can be done. Yes,
you can't have 1.17 specified and then connect to a 1.32 server. You can
however support all protocals up to 1.32. If you need some kind of proof
since everyone on this list seems to want to debate what ppl say, then
search google for DXQuake3 and look at it's source code. It's a rewritten
directx version of quake using DirectPlay for it's network. It doesn't
check for the protocol version and there are no problems on any server
version.

This would be the same if you were to write a Quake 3 client which uses
Rakknet. Well, would be the same for anyone if you know what you are doing.

Chris