[quake3] Supported protocols

monk at rq3.com monk at rq3.com
Fri Apr 18 13:26:55 EDT 2008

> Which protocols ioq3 currently supports ? Yesterday i've tried to
> connect to one of the NoGhost 1.16n servers, and received wrong protocol
> error.
>
> Currently NoGhost is 3rd most played q3 mod today, right after Urban
> Terror and CPMA. However it uses protocol version 43 (point release
> 1.16n) thus forbidding ioq3 to connect.

I don't quite understand.  Why don't they port NoGhost to 1.32?  I see
that they have some work being started:

http://www.noghost.net/modfiles/about.php
http://www.noghost.net/modfiles/1.32/mod_log.php

1.16n, as far as I know, is only useful for the old Dreamcast version of Q3:

http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/guides_q3_serversetup.php
http://www.quake3world.com/maps/maps/dcmappack.doc
http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/595/Dreamcast+Map+Pack

You guys are going to a lot of trouble to play a mod that only works with
an older version of Q3.

Why?

Monk.