[quake3] Re: Greetings

Erik K. erik at insectenboek.nl
Thu Apr 17 15:56:18 EDT 2008

On 17-4-2008 18:07, Anthony J. Benik wrote:
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#MereAggregation
>
> "What is the difference between an “aggregate” and other kinds of
> “modified versions”?
>
>     "An “aggregate” consists of a number of separate programs,
> distributed together on the same CD-ROM or other media. The GPL permits
> you to create and distribute an aggregate, even when the licenses of the
> other software are non-free or GPL-incompatible. The only condition is
> that you cannot release the aggregate under a license that prohibits
> users from exercising rights that the each program's individual license
> would grant them."...
>
> Just FYI

I thought about this some more and have come to the conclusion that
Urban Terror indeed abides by this condition perfectly. The licenses
that come with the UrbanTerror/ioUrbanTerror 'aggregate' are the GPL for
the ioUrbanTerror part and the sdk for the Urban Terror part. This is
clearly discribed in the readme's and/or during the installation
process. So users are not being prohibited from exercising rights that
each program's individual license would grant them. Thus aggregating
them is fine. Thanks Anthony.