[quake3] Greetings

monk at rq3.com monk at rq3.com
Tue Apr 15 13:30:48 EDT 2008

In a situation like that, it would only apply if the mod would only run on
ioq3.  i.e. if the mod DEPENDED on ioq3 to function.  If the mod
functioned just as fine with either the original quake 3 or with ioq3,
then it wouldn't need to be forced under a GPL license.

There have been some grumblings about whether or not you can use anything
from the old q3 mod sdk, too, because that apparently wasn't released
under the GPL and mods that use that code are technically incompatible
with GPL'ed things.  Or something to that effect.

I used to delve into this junk a few years ago and had some clarification
(though not a whole lot) from id on some GPL-related questions (like the
bot files).  It's been a while since I've gone section by section through
the GPL.  That's not a bad thing, either.

Monk.