[quake3] Greetings

Anthony J. Benik benikaj at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 12:09:44 EDT 2008

Stephan Reiter wrote:
>> So really, unless you are going to rework the vm in ioquake3 to be
>> specific for your game, just using the standard qvm compiler and the
>> old q3 code will leave your mod or game freely open for disassembly.
>
> I fail to see the reason why this is a problem for you. If you're
> distributing a mod based on the code that was released under the GPL,
> you have to make the code accessible anyway. So there isn't even a need
> for a disassembler with regard to your code ...
>
> Or am I wrong on that?
> Stephan

Am I mistaken to believe that if one creates a mod from scratch.  Then
distributes the mod with only a link or a runtime download/installer to
the ioq3 engine.  That the mod from scratch would remain licensed as the
author interned even if the license was non GPL???

--
"I do not mean for a moment that we ought not to think, and think hard,
about improvements in our social and economic system.  What I do mean is