[quake3] Greetings

Chris Bunting cbunting99 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 14:25:32 EDT 2008

Hello,

Well, most people who actually mod the main quake 3 source code are supposed
to release their source code, but not many mod authors offer the code. Most
mods are closed source and are only distributed via the compiled qvm's. Why
do you think that ID released the Doom 3 demo with a compiled .dll and not
the qvms for windows. Just because you can look at that mod sdk doesn't help
with those who are wanting to see any of the major code changes to the
rendering engines and such. If you download urban terror or world of
padman's source, you get nothing more than the stock ioquake3 source, they
don't release any major engine enhancements, they are only giving back the
stock code with the basic changes needed to run their mods. Checksum checks
diabled, cdkey checks removed, pack checks ect. But still, you won't get the
source for many of those mods, just the qvm's.

Chris